Library and learning services
Te Puna Mātauranga
Supporting your learning journey
Kia ora and warm Pacific greetings. The friendly Library and Learning Services staff are experts and are here to help connect you with information, and develop the skills you need to complete your assignments and succeed with your academic learning.
Your ID card, MIT email address and password are all that you need to access our services.
library.manukau.ac.nz is your gateway to finding help and information for your assignments.
- Find academic books, articles and other information we have access to.
- Chat with a librarian online during our opening hours,
- Book an appointment to meet with an Academic Learning Advisor or Subject Librarian,
- Register for one of our workshops, learn study skills,
- Find help with referencing and much more.
Support from our staff
Customer services library assistants
The library assistants are your first point of contact in the library spaces. They are ready to:
- answer any of your queries,
- provide basic IT and printing help
- refer you to information and people who can help you complete your assignments.
Academic learning advisors
Academic Learning Advisors support you in your studies by providing:
- assistance with course work
- enabling the development of academic skills, including
- English language
- study skills
Subject librarians help you:
- build your research and referencing skills
- find, evaluate and use the best information for your studies
- reference information correctly before you submit your assignment.
You can book individual or small group appointments with Academic Learning Advisors or Subject Librarians and talk with us in person on campus, via phone, or online (e.g. video call).
Also find our page on your courses in Canvas.
Visit us at one of our study-friendly library spaces. Find us at:
- MIT Manukau level 2
- MIT ?tara NP Block, level 2 (above the cafeteria)
- MIT City (New Zealand Maritime School) level 3 (opposite the reception)
Check the website for library opening hours.
Live Chat (Chat Now) on the library website during library opening hours
Book an appointment Bookings page
firstname.lastname@example.org (renew books)
Phone 09 968 8777 (?tara) or 09 975 4670 (Manukau)