- International students
- How to apply
How to apply
To study at Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) as an international student you can either apply through a registered education consultant, or apply by yourself through MIT.
Apply through a registered education consultant
We recommend that you apply through a registered education consultant. View a list of consultants.
Apply by yourself
Here are the steps to apply by yourself:
1. Decide on your programme
Read through the programme information for the areas of study that interest you and select the programme that best suits your needs. Please contact us if you feel you need further information regarding the programmes and courses available.
2. Check that you meet the entry requirements
Each programme has its own entry criteria based on academic achievements, qualifications and/or work experience. When you apply for your chosen programme, you will need to provide proof that you meet the entry requirements, including specific English language requirements (minimum Academic IELTS of 6.0 with no score below 5.5, or equivalent).
For detailed entry requirements please refer to the relevant programme information page here on our website.
If you are unsure if you meet the entry requirements contact us for assistance. We will be happy to advise what qualifications are acceptable for your chosen programme of study.
3. Cross-credits and recognition of prior learning
Cross-credits and recognition of prior learning (RPL) are available to those who can prove competence through work experience, life experience, prior study or a combination of these. Further details are available on request.
4. Apply to study
Please complete the application form below and send it back to email@example.com , with all your certifying and support documents.
When applying, please kindly supply the following certified documents, (certified by Notary Public Services or Lawyers or Education Consultants) so we are able to complete the assessment of your application:
- Certified and verified passport
- Certified and verified Academic IELTS or equivalent - must be less than 2 years old
- Certified and verified High School / Diploma academic transcripts & certificates of completion
- Certified and verified Bachelor Degree academic transcripts and certificate of completion (compulsory for Graduate Diploma applications)
- Employment history (If you have any)
- Up to date CV (If you have one)
- All other documents & certificates that are relevant to the application
For more details, international students can contact MIT International.
5. Accept Offer of Place
Successful applicants will receive an Offer of Place by email. This will include information on tuition fees, insurance fees, date of payment, methods of payment and a copy of the MIT refund policy PDF, 289.4 KB.
To accept an Offer of Place you must provide the following documents to MIT International:
- Completed invoice and acceptance form
- Completed accommodation form
- Evidence you have applied for your student visa.
6. Apply for student visa
When fees have been paid a receipt will be issued. This must be presented to Immigration New Zealand. For information on student visa applications contact Immigration New Zealand, immigration.govt.nz.
The studying and living in NZ page also has more information about student visas.
7. Pay your fees
Payment of the full course fee will be required once you have been given approval in principle by Immigration New Zealand.